I’ve been with MobileActive.org for one month now, working as an intern on communications for the Mobile Media Toolkit project. The toolkit aims to be an all-inclusive asset for media creators of all persuasions. The site is now available in Spanish, Russian and Arabic translations and we expect to add more languages in the near future!
In addition to the “How To Create” media on your phone portions, we delve deeply into sharing your mobile content, delivering your media to mobile and engaging your mobile audience. More than that, we have many case studies, tons of tools, a terminology glossary and feature a weekly roundup of the latest in the field. You can even join us by guest blogging on your experience in the field with mobile media! We’ve profiled a number of pioneers creating mobile media and are always on the lookout for more.
If you’re looking to learn, we have lots in store for you. Just some examples:
- Make some sense of how mobile social media is impacting the media landscape. Use it as a listening tool, enable citizen journalists to produce content, or experiment with microblogging.
- Find out what geo-tagging is and how it’s impacting journalism.
- Decide whether and how to deliver your content via mobile apps.
- Want to know more about mobile radio? Hear how Freedom Fone and Farm Radio created a first-time partnership to use IVR with African stations, or Afghanistan’s Radio Azadi, which incorporates an interactive SMS service.
- Itching to create viral videos from your phone? We have step-by-step instructions, even for live-streaming!
- Improve your mobile photography skills.